Holy Trinity Church Built - This site is referred to in the year 824, as being a longstanding church under the Saxons then no doubt a wooden structure. However, in time and with the help of some well skilled Norman monks a smaller stone built structure would have been erected. Not until 1120 did the work start on the greater structure of what we know today as being Holy Trinity Church on Southchurch Boulevard. Sudcerca, the original Saxon name for Southchurch, is one of the earliest documented names of this area around 820. Land then owned by the mighty Lifstanus, who kindly gave the land to the monks of Christ Church in Canterbury as a gift.